These days, a lot of mental health problems have become common with a lot of people and more and more people are consulting therapists, counsellors and life coaches to sort out their lives. Our lives have become no less than a conundrum, an unending maze to which we’ve no rescue. The more happy we look on social media, the reality is just the opposite of that for most of us. And so, this has become the need of the hour to express oneself and be real with our problems, to speak out what’s there and healing things with a positive approach. Even if you’re not the one who feels depressed or feels low frequently, you can still abide by these tacts to help you improve your life and de-stress in your daily routine. Though, I am no certified life- coach, thrapist or counsellor but I’ve learned some things from my life itself and that has helped me in more than one ways to stay positive and stay grounded. Optimism is the key to a happy life. 🙂
- Writing your thoughts down :- Sometimes, when we’re with our own selves and we don’t feel like sharing ourselves with anyone else, the best way is to write and eek out what’s there. Sometimes just writing it out takes a lot of burden off your head, be it something that happened in the office or be it a small fight with your parents at home or a tiff with your partner, writing does help to clear our minds and also you can write your own problems and the possible and feasible solutions for them. That’ll save you from so much mess that is going on in your head.
- Meditating:- Believe it or not, all our lives, we keep thriving for peace but what we do is that we wake up, go to our respective jobs, perform errands and sleep. All our lives just get wasted in a vacuum leaving us with no quality time and no introspection time for ourselves. What is more important than money is the peace of mind. Even if we take out just 10 minutes from our daily life for ourselves, we would be at peace most of the day with everyone and most importantly with our own selves.
- K.M.S:- If you don’t know K.M.S or have never heard it let me tell you, it’s the most essential mantra, tried and tested in various situations and that is ‘Keep mouth shut’. This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble. While we’re always at loggerheads with someone or the other a lot of times and we leave no stone unturned in proving ourselves, we can cut short the burst outs of anger and a whole lot of argumentation by being silent. Silence in itself is a magic. It vanishes the chaos that surrounds you and helps you in dealing with situations in a better way and staying positive, of course.
- Introspection:- While I’ve already discussed this idea in the previous points, but introspection in itself is a stepping stone in making things better. It’s like you discuss with your own selves what’s good whats not, what’s beneficial and what’s harmful, what you should be doing and what you should definitely be avoiding. Introspection saves you from a lot of bewilderment and a lot of unnecessary things and of course offers you with real-time solutions.
- Talking it out:- While at some points, it is important to be silent, in some, it is necessary to be vocal about how you feel about something. I’ve heard stories and even seen them in real-life where the one person keeps suffering at the cost of other and avoids to speak in order to avoid a tiff or just to save a relation from breaking and not just in this case, even if you feel that you’re being left out or not being treated as you deserve or there’s something that you’ve not discussed with your friend because he may judge you, just don’t. Talking it out and discussing things with relevant persons can help you climb another stair in sorting your life out and taking things to another better level.
- Finding your interest and following your dreams:- As cliched as it may sound, but ‘Do what your heart says’ goes a long way in clearing up the clogged traffic of your life. If you like to play guitar, go buy it and learn it, become your own superstar or if you love to dance or do some kind of entertainment, say comedy, then do it and if you like to write like me, what’s stopping you, start with A and create your own alphabets and your own write-ups and stories. The typical ‘ Zindagi na milegi dobara’ and ‘Dear zindagi’ can be your story too. You’ll be so much happier in your life if you do what you love.
- Making new friends:- It is said that ” To hold a Diamond you need a piece of Gold.” Similarly, you always need to keep making new friends while being in contact with the old ones. “New friends are like Diamond and old friends are like Gold.” Those who do not have any friends realise the importance of friendship. Friends are someone with whom you can unburden yourselves, share your lives with and the ones with whom you can basically enjoy.
- Contributing to society:- Though, we’re always cribbing about the paucity of something or the other, we must realise the importance of what we’ve and feel blessed. If we have something that we can give to others who don’t have it, why to think twice? If we can help someone in crossing the road or give someone a piece of advice if they need it or if we can give some alms to the needy then why not.
( P.S:- These are all my personal views and more points can be added to this and there may be points that you may not agree with. I am writing after a long time but this has been on my to-do list for long because I wanted to give everyone an insight of how I deal with everything and still stay positive. I hope you liked this self- help article. Let me know. 🙂 Your comments and feedback are welcome!)